Sunday, June 13, 2010

Travel + First Game

The trip has been a roller coaster of excitement & exuberation with flight woes, technoligical mishaps, flat tires interspersed within. Although there have been some downs, I'm having absolutely the time of my life. I'm one of maybe 40,000 in the entire world who has attended the USA play England in the World Cup. Crazy.



I'm officially never flying coach on an airplane for longer than 3 hours ever again. F that noise. 8 hours coach to Amsterdam followed by 9 hours to Nairobi flying coach = total crap. The flight to Nairobi consisted of an elderly woman falling asleep on me or asking me to open potato chip packages for her over and over and over. That flight also produced the death of my Macbook screen....or atleast 2/3 of it. I haven't found an Apple store in J'burg yet. The repairs might have to wait until I get home.

Our drive to the first game was scheduled to take 2 hours......it didn't. 5 1/2 hours later we made it to the stadium. We fought through a flat tire in the middle of nowhere and massive amounts of traffic. I feel like traffic laws do not exist over here. It's been quite the experience. We had to sprint into the stadium just as the anthems were finishing.

Game Recap (USA vs England): Tim Howard is the reason we were even in that game. For as poorly as we played, I'll take a 1-1 draw. Landycakes played a pretty uninspiring game. Lazy! The entire team played like a bunch of 6 year olds. Seriously, run around, get open. It's not that hard. My 3rd grade coach would've yelled at me if I would've played that poorly. Nobody on this team with the exception of Cherundolo made an effort to get open. Robbie Findley was ballsack. So bad. He's fast, that's it. I didn't pay thousands of dollars to see this team blow it. Bob Bradley better kick a few asses, and get these guys to play up to their potential before we embarass ourselves against Slovenia and Algeria.


USA USA USA USA
Mike

P.S.
Posts from Emily and Colin to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment