Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Coming home = Not Ayoba

The trip home sucked. Long flights, long layovers, terrible airplane food, etc. I'm now sitting on the left hand side of the car driving on the right side of the road, and it seems so foreign. I'm going to miss South Africa. I'm going to miss the food, the new friends, the time spent doing anything but work. Now it's officially time to get back into the grind, and get back to real life. It's time to make money just so that I can pay bills, rinse and repeat.

There is definitely a downside to long vacations, and that is that all motivation to be a productive member of society leaves you when you come back home. I'd rather continue to wake up at 10 am, and have breakfast made for me every morning. I'd rather shower around noon, and then drive off to a soccer match or wildlife park. But I guess that's also what makes you appreciate your time off. If I absolutely loved every minute of my current life, there would be no point in going on vacation. The next big one could be in year, or it could be 4 years from now, but mark my words, I'll be in Brazil for WC 2014 and it will be a party and a half.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment