Friday, June 18, 2010

I ain't afraid of no Ghost Pops

Since last posting, we have been to the France v Mexico game and are preparing for the US v Slovenia game. The outfits for the France v Mexico game have been the best so far. I thought that topping the "You can't Dutch this" shirt at the Netherlands game would be a tough feat, but then we saw the Mexicans.

1. Multiple Thierry Henry jokes. People with Henry masks, jerseys, etc. All with GIANT hands with a soccer ball attached. Awesome. He didn't even play that game!

2. The Mexican headdresses were super elaborate. How they got those on the plane is a mystery to me.

3. Luchadore masks. Normally I would think this would be uncomfortable to wear for a whole game, but thanks to the cold, they looked smart.

4. Irish fans dressed as leprechauns. I was thinking I should have brought an Irish flag to the game...but forgot.

There were also foozeball tables and free beer and parties everywhere in Polokwane. Incredible atmosphere.

Snack update: Ghost Pops are really good. They are like spiced super lightweight corn snacks. Delicious, melt in your mouth snack attack. I think Ghost Pops are my #2 after Biltong.

God Bless America, and God Bless the families of these piss poor referees, because their lives may be in danger after some of these shitty calls.

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment